Understanding the human microbiome requires a systems thinking approach, and systems thinking is at the foundation of Ayurveda. From their origins in the primordial seas microbes have co-evolved with all other living creatures and profoundly influence all aspects of health, immunity, and longevity. Drawing from modern research and core Ayurvedic principles Dr. Robert Svoboda and Scott Blossom L.Ac. will explore answers to the following questions:
- What is the microbiome and how does it fit into Ayurveda?
- How do we optimize microbiome health using Ayurvedic practices?
- What factors affect the microbiome and how does it relate to other systems?
- How do the functions of the microbiome align with the concept of Agni?
- Can we consider the microbiome to be an organ system and if so what are the implications of this relationship from the Ayurvedic perspective?